ISFD Floral Design & Business Design Certification Course
A complete floral arranging program for aspiring florists and event stylists. Join us at one of our international locations for a full 40 hour flower design certification course.
Weekly Course Schedule:
Monday - Thursday 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Monday - Thursday 3:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
Two (2) Weeks / 40 Hours total
about the course
Commencing the course students are presented with a formal certificate of completion and letter of recommendation. In addition to certification students are assisted in launching their own flower business or obtaining employment at one of the top design firms in their city. We offer a real world approach to flower styling, design decor, so by attending this program you can't help but be inspired.
who is this class for?
Students who desire to have an extensive floral design training in events, weddings, and European floral arranging will be in love with this program. While there is no failing or passing this course, it is imperative that you be present and complete all projects in order to receive your certification of completion and letter of recommendation from the school.
ISFD FLOWER DESIGN CERTIFICATION program
program overview of INCLUSIONS:
- 8 classes of in-studio group professional flower design training. Includes 40 hours of hands on design training and coaching.
- Physical certification of completion, letter of recommendation, and job placement assistance post course.
- All flowers, supplies, vases, aprons, course books, and enrollment fees are included.
- Facebook group for student networking, job posting, and internship sharing.
- 25 Floral Arrangement Projects and group flower business coaching.
- 1 field trip the flower wholesaler/supplier for networking.
- Two (2) styled photo shoot sessions
extensive flower business training
trainings on flower business establishment!
Common tools and materials of the flower shop
- Introduction of the common tools
- Methods of using the flower knife, scissors, and other professional tools
- Materials purchasing of flower shop
flower shop establishment 101
Commodity resources and the field purchase
- Purchase channels from all over the country
- Selection and purchase of fresh flower materials
- Flowers wholesale market site visits
- Business skills in communicating with the materials sellers
The operation and management of the flower shop
- Employee recruitment system
- Flower shop best practices to reduce shrink & avoid over purchasing
- Staff salaries system
- The system combined with stocking, storing and selling
- Delivery method
Flower shop marketing system
- Publicity model of flower shop
- Establishment of Mobile and PC-based online shop
- Growing your following on Facebook, Instagram, & Pinterest
- Co-marketing partnership programs
- Experiential marketing solutions for florists
frequently asked questions
This class is for anyone who is looking to develop their knowledge in floral design and master their skills as a florist. If you desire to build a strong client attractive portfolio, obtain a certification in floral arranging, and be supported along the way then you will enjoy this experience.
What flowers will I work with?
The point of our program is for you to develop the skills and build a client attractive portfolio. The flowers you'll work with include roses, tropical blooms, dutch blooms (peonies, ranuculus,etc.) hydrangeas, liatris, stock, assorted fillers and quality foliage. Some other dusty and dated flower schools work with daisy's, carnations, and baby's breath in every class. No shade to leather leaf, but we prefer to work with high quality blooms.
Is there a guarantee or refund option?
Yes, we guarantee that you will be provided fresh, high quality products. We also guarantee that if you complete the program you will be equipped and empowered to successfully complete wedding flower styling in the real world. You are responsible for your success post our time together in this program. We do not promise that this course will guarantee you to make money or secure a job. There are no refunds. If you miss a class or can not attend do to a schedule change on our end or yours, you have one year to apply your tuition paid to another course session.
How often is it held?
This program is held 3+ times a year.
Are the flowers ours to keep.
Yes, you do get to keep all flowers after completion of each project. Supply kit, books, flowers, and resources are all yours to keep.
Do you cover any business related topics?
Yes, we discuss marketing ideas and provide advise on booking your first wedding, attracting regular clients, and more.
Do you provide support after class is completed?
Yes, your membership to the Stay Blooming Network and/or the Facebook Group for Alumni is included with the program.
Will I be able to purchase wholesale flowers at any point?
Yes, you will get to purchase direct floral products from us at wholesale prices. You'll also get a to-do list to register your business so you can purchase wholesale when needed.
How many students are in the class?
The classes are relatively small averaging 8-12 students per session.
What level of design skill is needed to take the course?
This course is designed for beginner to intermediate. Each class we instruct design principles and trends that range in difficulties. Classes include live demonstrations, followed by hands on designing, pricing and sourcing of products used.